Are you interested in becoming a volunteer firefighter?
Volunteer firefighters are the vital foundation of this department. We currently have several openings and urge anyone interested to apply. Become one of the proud, dedicated and determined volunteer professionals who serve the community like no other.
Any person interested in joining the Enfield Fire Department should be prepared to meet the following qualifications before being considered for eligibility:
- Must be a resident in the Town of Enfield or, reside within a two-mile radius of either station 1 (200 Phoenix Ave) or station 2 (199 Weymouth Road)
- Must be at least 18 years of age (Age 14-17 see Cadet Program)
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED
- Must pass an application/interview process
- Must successfully complete a medical physical and drug screening
- Must submit for fingerprinting and pass a background check
Once a person completes the entrance requirements, he/she starts on a rewarding experience, serving first as a probationary member and upon completion of the minimum training requirements, members having satisfactory attendance records become eligible for regular membership and receipt of the many benefits of membership. Incentive benefits for regular members meeting annual training, fire and drill attendance and program eligibility requirements include:
- Paid Tuition for Basic Firefighter Training
- Full paid protective firefighter gear
- Car & clothing expense allowance
- Property tax abatement up to $1,000 each year
- Life insurance
- Paid tuition for advanced firefighter training
- Eligibility to work part-time paid shifts at the firehouse(s)
- Incentive pay for fire and drill attendance beyond the minimum requirements
- College tuition reimbursement for fire service related fields
- Dress Uniform provided
- Length of Service Award Program (Pension Program)
If you would like more information on becoming a volunteer, please visit or call one of our two stations.